Saturday 27 June 2009

Well, she learns quickly!!!

I rode Livvi again today! :-D She tried to get grass once and then gave up and listened! My friend Jane helped out and when we got "stuck" she swished the whip behind Livvi which got her going! Liv strode out much better and even though Jane hid the whip, she knew it was there! lol! I felt totally at home and comfortable....actually riding today was better than the long reining, I long reined before I rode and she was quite resistant, I think the signals to the bit are just too dulled down but once I was on she was light and responsive....this was with the new JP french link...it is actually too large BUT she was sooooo much better in it.

I also think that once I am on I am confident in my ability to ride where as long reining is something that I have learnt recently and I am not sure of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment