Saturday 27 June 2009

Acceptance of the contact

Last night I long reined Livvi and she definitely goes off the click of the tongue rather than "walk on" but I use both. I worked her in the car park away from grass, it takes her a good 10 minutes to really listen to me and focus, I find she pulls towards home on every circuit which is annoying as then she is fighting with my contact and starts gaping her mouth. I did lots of transitions through walk halt and trot, concetrating on making har stand in halt and not just march off the minute she feels like it and gradually she stopped napping, accepted the bit better and softened, so today I am going to long rein before I ride I think.

I am still struggling with the bit, I think it is definitely too fat, I had a look in her mouth and it sits on her tongue and touches the roof of her mouth, there is just no room in there. I like the NS bits with the lozenge, she sucks it! lol! But I have bought a 2nd hand JP french link, it has a slightly curved mouth piece which is supposed to relieve the pressure on the edges of the tongue, if we find this is the bit for us they do a loose ring with a lozenge and NS make the Verdiband which is shaped although it might be a bit thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment