Tuesday 16 June 2009

I am officialy rubbish at lunging!!

I decided that Livvi and I should do something a bit fittening today and a bit different so I lunged her off the halter, just getting her to walk and trot off my voice and then add in some poles. It went OK for the first bit, although she seems to get me moving almost as much as her!!! We did some poles and she was really stretching and working through her back but I struggle to steer her to get her straight fro them and Livvi knows that she has been round both ways and don't I know that its time to stop! lol!

So along comes Caragh (she is 17 and at equine college) says this is how you do it and after Livvi having a 2 minute, your not my mum moment, she goes absolutely perfectly....Caragh and I then put the poles into a small jump and Livvi loved it now that the person in charge is facing her where she needs to go, she isn't going to be a fast jumper but she can jump and I hope that once she gets a rider on board her enthusiasm continues.

Caragh is now ordered to Lunge Livvi once a week! lol! It will catually do Livvi good to have another person work her from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment