Tuesday 23 June 2009

Stressy mares!!!!

Well, tonights plan was in hand work and then a short ride with my dad to help, but best laid plans and all that........????!!!

My mum was riding Drummer and I left Livvi in on her own while I poo picked but she had a total stress and nearly climbed out of her stable!!!! This is the first time that she has done that....last night she was fine when we all left her. She did chill when I went to her which is a good signe but I thought a ride might be a very bad idea!! so I just put her halter and line on with the intention of some in hand lunge type work to reafirm our relationship and destress her....Cue Livvi doing wall of death in mad trot!! totally ignoring me and being a total pratt! Followed by catching mum out and cantering off down the field lunge line trailing until she got to Drummer, where she stopped and watched me walk towards her! Little madam then followed me back to the yard like butter wouldn't melt!

So keeping the line short we tried again and I found that Livvi can canter 5 meter circles which I thought was most impressive! lol! Actually, she calmed right down, realised that I was NOT giving up, started to listen and we managed to do some nice work for 5 minutes....I was very tempted to get the saddle out as she totally chilled but decided that if anything went wrong then I would blame her earlier stress....maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment