Wednesday 24 June 2009

Solo on Livvi!!!

I am on cloud 9, we did some in hand work and once she was working and listening, we went into the round pen and on I popped!

My first problem is getting her to stand still on grass (actually she is not one to stand still its boring :-D ) she paws and wants to eat so I MUST work on this soon, I think I will try the clicker again as I can't see another way......So Jeanette (my 13 year old camera girl!) stood by her head while I got on and we were away. At first Livvi backedup and wanted grass but I persevered and she listened and away we went....I was very nervous, there is a history of bucking fromwhen they tried backing her as a 3 year old but she was chilled and happy so I am REALLY pleased.

Steering was very hit and miss, a couple of times we almost slimed along the walls :-D she was quite fussy in her mouth and I don't feel like she was trasnfering what I have been doing in hand and on long reins at all, this is just new! I also think her new bit is too fat and I have got JP french link coming.

We ground to a halt several times and she responded better to me clicking my tongue rather than my voice but I do think she started to think about my leg and our first halt was lovely...the end one isn't as she was heading for the gate and freedom! lol!

I am really really pleased with her, her ears were everywhere but mostly one was on me and at one point she did proper floppy donkey chilled ears.....now I just have to take this forward, its soooooooooooo exciting! lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49ZzR67eQFY

No comments:

Post a Comment