Monday 15 June 2009

Cracked it!

I have put the bit up and Livvi is much better, fiddling with it less and her tongue stayed where its meant too! We shall see if it lasts!

Gill made a comment that maybe she was doing it because of too strong a contact and that could be the case when we are long reining, not because I have a strong contact but because she is napping towards home slightly on a circle, sort of pulling me with her and therefor is creating the stong contact herself. She is better in the small paddock by the stables but this has too much grass and she wants to eat, so we have been in the bottom paddock further from the stables......hmmm, its a hard one!

Very pleased with Livvi though, she is getting the idea nicely, she walks and trots on comand on the circle and she is lovely and forward, she halts beautifully and really listens to me.....she got scared and spooked because a dog jumped at the fence in one of the gardens but came back to me really quickly.....I then took her in the big field nearest the orchard, we have never been there before, and although she was hesitant, she listened to me and walked on when I asked. :-D

If I have time tomorrow I am going to lunge her over poles, I want to see if she is pulling towards home on the lunge too. Then wednesday I shall do inhand work and then my dad will be there so its time for another sit on! :-D

1 comment: