Tuesday 9 June 2009

I thought it was probably time for an update!!

Firstly, a picture speaks 1000 words!





Yes!!! I got on her! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! She is VERY wide and I am going to struggle in my Fhoenix standard but for the moment, it serves a purpose!

Our relationship is great, actually its almost too great, I wanted to get on her but she wouldn't stand still for anyone else, hence why we resorted to grass! Now I have to persuade her that she can move and its not all about eating! lol! I'm not planning on that yet though, I want to consolidate the in hand work and do some long reining to get her used to me being further away!.......I have done some lunging but it winds her up, where as the in hand work she is calm and focused!

My other problem is desensitising her. Yesterday she totally stressed because Drummer went in (he wasn't working with us) BUT if no one is around to start with, she focuses on me! I suppose this will come with time! I also need to get her out and about a bit more, she feels very secure on the yard and in the paddock but the minute you leave she is on high alert. I feel vulnerable leading her though as she feels apt to run me over!!

Nearly 9 weeks though so I am grinning from ear to ear! I adore Livvi, she is fab!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading this Em! You are exactly the kind of person I wanted for Olivia, and am soooo pleased that you are taking your time - which will reap rewards! Well done :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I found you! I LOVE that piccie :-)

    ReplyDelete