Wednesday 3 June 2009

Playing with poles

Well, last night I decided that lunging was boring so we would forget the bridle, side reins and roller, stick on the halter and get some poles out!

Miss uncoordinated was surprisingly OK! We had a few minor misshaps as Livvi couldn't decide where her feet belong! and she got more and more excited by the game and slipped on the grass so we had to chill out with a walk and call it a day. But we managed some nice work and a raised pole at the end which she trotted over nicely, no leaps and to be honest I think this benefited her more than side reins and lunging!

Tonight I think I will do some in hand work and maybe some long reining.

As for Drummer, he is getting on so well with his little sharer, last night they went for a big walk round the woods and orchard and that does him the world of good.

I have found him a treed saddle on ebay at last, its a 16" xw thorowgood pony club saddle so can't wait for that to arrive, I want to try it to see if it makes him different to the Fhoenix!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Emily, I have Olivia's full sister, Bella. Don't know if you want to be in contact with me, so just delete this comment if you don't.

    Life hasn't been too kind to me lately (you can see my new blog, New Beginnings, if you click on my profile) but Bella and Jack are helping me through. They are both one person ponies and have done everything possible to comfort and console me. Olivia sounds the same sort of pony, now she's found her soul mate in you.

    Very best of luck with her and I will continue to read this if I may. Helen.

    ReplyDelete