Saturday 30 May 2009

Things get better and better!

We definitely have the in hand work cracked :-D Today, we did 2 perfect straight lines so I moved onto circles and she has totally GOT IT! Livvi is a dream to work with, she is totally focused on what we are doing and tries so hard...my dad came to watch us and was very impressed, he said you can see her concentrating and she is desperate to please me...I am so glad that I took the first few weeks slowly, I have definitely built the foundations of a fantastic relationship and I just get a bubble of happiness and pride when I think of how fab she is.

Anyway, we worked on the circle for about 10 minutes, on the right rein we just concentrated on flexion and asking her to open the outside shoulder and even though this is her bad rein, she is almost better at it this way, she tends to drift less. Where as on the left rein she can over bend and that means she falls through her shoulder, you have to be firmer with the outside rein......but on the left rein I have started to ask for leg yield and she tried really hard and gave me a couple of really nice strides...I didn't over do it and left it very positive so hopefully when we pick it up again tomorrow, she will have thought about it.

Finally I decided to put her on the lunge, she needs to work to build some muscle and get a bit fitter and I know she has done this a Gills so its familiar. Again, I couldn't have been more pleased, she is very responsive to my voice so we did lots of transitions from walk to trot and back again with her totally focused and I just LURVE watching her trot! lol! We kept the session short as I don't want to bore her or over tire her and she is so enthusiastic I want her to enjoy and look forward to our sessions.

Did I mention that I adore this mare!

1 comment: