Friday 29 May 2009

Success!

After a miserable start, my brain got coorinated with my hands and I think I have it cracked!!

I think I was doing several things wrong, firstly Livvi is quite claustrophobic and I think we were too near the fence, secondly I was trying too hard and not rewarding every try.

We have had two more sessions since Monday and both have been fab! On the left rein she is light and responsive and I have started some circle work. On the right rein she has lightened right up but I am having resistance with the halt, I know that I am different on the right rein too so some of it could be me!

Circle work is also good, I am asking for flexion and when I get it I am asking her to step over and open the outside shoulder. She is soft and relaxed, I could play all day! Livvi also seems to have taken to this like a duck to water, she is a very bright girl and I think she actually really enjoys what she is doing, you have to drag her back to her stable when we finish. lol!

So onwards and upwards and a huge thank you to Becky for opening this door to us!

Today I also introduced Livvi to the hose as I desperately want to bath her. She couldn't care less about it until water comes out the end and then its OMG I'm getting wet feet, can't you see mum? There is WATER on the ground and its wetting me!!! :-D What a prissy mare! lol! We did some approach and retreat with the water and she got better but I dread to think what she will do if I get all of her wet!

1 comment:

  1. Well done with the inhand work. :-) I'm not remotely surprised at Livvi's reaction to the water. When you said you were going to bath her, I thought, "You'll be lucky!" but didn't say it - being the supportive friend that I am! lol!!!! You'll get there. ;-) x

    ReplyDelete