Saturday 23 May 2009

Livvi and I have an in hand lesson

Today, Livvi and I had a lesson from Becky (Helen came with Whisper too but I'll let her make her own thread! )I am totally enlightened

Becky knew nothing about Livvi and I was not totally sure what I wanted from the session so after a quick discussion we decided what we both needed was in hand work. And it was EXACTLY what we both needed and I feel like I have the key to my way forward.

Becky took Livvi first to see what she was like and where we needed to head. Livvi is a green youngster and needs to start at the begining so Becky worked her using the fence for support. The aim was/is to get Liv to understand the rein contact and be soft as well as learn what the outside rein means, to lighten the shoulders, to move off the inside shoulder and ensure that they are flexible as well as have control of them so that we get her to lift up in front (and then in future, when tyhis is established we would ask for flexion at the poll and voila! )

When Becky started, Livvi had no idea what was expected of her and wanted Becky to be in the lead but she is a clever girl and soon got the idea. Becky worked her for a good 20 minutes, patiently correcting her and Livvi concentrated so hard I could have cried, I was so pleased to have this door opened to us.Becky makes it looks soooooooo easy where as a felt like I was bumbling along with my tangled knitting! BUT I did feel that towards the end I was getting more confident and when Livvi was light the feeling was awesome .







http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxxnAL23JhE

No comments:

Post a Comment