Monday 13 July 2009

Not always and angel!!

Actually I am quite relieved that she is naughty sometimes! lol! I was beginning to wonder...but it wasn't really that bad.

I took Livvi in the paddock whilst Drum was in sight being ridden by my friend and she was soooo norty on the lunge, she napped and bucked and charged off in canter and generaly threw her toys out of the pram! It took me a good 10 minutes to get her to calm down and even try and listen but she was very funny....when we stopped to change rein and I invited her in she came and hid with her head on my chest, so I think some of it was insecurity about the bigger space (although we have been in there before to lunge) and possibly Drummer could save her! lol!

So on I get....mad do you think I am? I did have my doubts after that display but I was determined and she doesn't worry me at all, which I find strange even to myself! She napped constantly, set her neck, walked through the bridle in halt and was a general pain in the butt, but IO persevered until I had her listening and somewhere near a decent halt and gave up and went for a walk round the field with Drummer.

So guess what we did, we had a proper trot, right up the field following Drummer and it was FANTASTIC!!! Her stride is so long, its hilarious after Drummer but she didn't rush and she listened to me and was a little star......we left Drummer watching and tried on our own and she got the idea of the transition but notthat she had to keep going and it didn't help that she was napping to home.

So a mixed adventure...looking forwards to a lesson!!! Its time!

No comments:

Post a Comment