Saturday 11 July 2009

Livvi doesn't like....

....side reins!!

Last night I decided drummer could stay out and be a pony and Livvi could come in on her own. Thats a funny thing with her, she is perfectly happy to come in on her own and mooch, eat hay, be worked etc but if you bring her in with others then leave her on her own she goes ballistic!

So I gave her a good groom tacked up in lunging garb and off we went...she was a bit live to start with so I let her trot round and get it out of her system, which she did and then settled nicely, realy listening and trying hard. After a warm up I attached the side reins on the loosest setting. She was good with them, she softened beautifully and worked nicely but she got so cross!! I don't think she likes the feeling of restriction so I decided to give that a miss for the moment...she was hilarious when I took them off, either think she didn't realise they were gone or she was feeling free but when I asked her to go out on the circle again she proper bronko bucked!! EEEk please never let me be on her when she does that!!

So I got the poles out and we did raised trorring poles...that she seems to really enjoy and she worked beautifully, boy can she pick her feet up! :-D

Riding later! Will report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment