Thursday 9 July 2009

Loaded!!!

Tonight I had a fab ride on Drummer, he is very forward going at the moment and I think it does us both good that he doesn't get ridden all the time, he is more enthusiastic and I am lovin' it :-D I also think he has matured this year (took long enough!) he is definitely more up and off his forehand than he has ever been and he is starting to carry himself correctly without asking. I schooled him on Sunday for the first time in a month and he was fab!

Anyway, what about my title for today!? Well, that relates to Livvi!

Marie had her lorry open and as we were waiting for the trough to fill, I thought I would see what Livvi made of it...I didn't expect much, considering the last time she went in one she was uprooted and dumped with me!

I opened it all up so that she could walk straight through and then I just walked up the ramp as if I was walking down the field with her...just for a second I thought she wasn't even going to hesitate but she stopped with 2 feet on the ramp. I let her stand and sniff and she huffed and puffed with her worried eye look on! But decided it was worth a good investigation and walked to the top of the ramp where she stopped again...she looked at me and I had some treats so I offered them to her, she looked back but I said that we weren't going that way, my way was the way out! So she looked at me again and you could see her think "oh what the hell, mum seems to think its OK" and walked straight on! :-D

I couldn't quite believe it!! I thoughtit was going to take us weeks to get there. She was keen to get off, so we walked carefully down the side ramp at which point she decided it was OK on there and tried to go back on! lol! So we repeated the exercise but this time with no stops and she didn't want to get off, but have a good look round!

Bless her, I am so proud of her and exstatic that she trusted me enough to follow me up there :-D I shall keep this up every few days and gradually build up to shutting her in etc then hopefully when we do want to go somewhere it will be a total non event!

No comments:

Post a Comment