Monday 6 July 2009

First trot, first Buck!!!!

and it was pathetic! lol!

Tonight Jane came over and rode Drummer for me while I lunged Livvi and then had the intention of having a walk round the field following Drummer, but things never quite go as you plan!!

Livvi lunged beautifully, really listened and went over the trotting poles like a pro so on I get and off we go down the field, but 20 yards in and the rain starts, apparantly it is totally unacceptable to do anything at all in the rain! lol! So bum swing round and there we stand! I could agree that it was quite yuck and it was a good lesson in standing around so we stood...for a bit....then we fidgeted then we reversed into Drummer and then we got really antsy when Drum went in front to walk round and we threatened to bite him, then we got alongside and threatened to kick him and then we got in front and all was roses!

This was getting a bit out of my comfort zone so we decided back in the paddock was better. Livvi was great, she was much much better in her mouth and as long as I kept the outside rein firm the steering was great, we had less forward though but it was calm and there was movement so I am not pushing that just yet.

So........I though I might just try a trot!.........1st attempt we stumbled into it and stopped..2nd attempt 2 whole stumbles...3rd attempt might actually have been a stride of trot and final and forth attempt I flicked her with the whip, she bucked and off we went, 3 entire trot strides :-D The buck was totally pathetic so if thats the worst she ever does I will be one happy girl! Bless her, her ears were all over the place, she was definitely giving me the "you expect me to TROT with YOU on my back!! Are you BONKERS! Its just not possible!"

Anyway I decided that I wasn't focused enough on my ridden today (it was fun though!) and I need to plan my sessions more carefully...I am also going to leave trot until I feel I have enough forward in walk to achieve it. I am going to focus on instant response to my leg and improving the impulsion of the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment