Tuesday 28 April 2009

We went for a walk!

My mum came to ride Drummer last night. She is doing really well, she even got him to canter! he was dead lazy at first though and I had to get on him to wind him up a bit!! My mum doesn't have the confidence and he knows it and plods! He Probably gets a bit bored too!

I left Livvi in the field on her own for a bit but the minute all the horses were out of sight she started trotting up and down the fence so I went back and got her in. She calmed down instantly. I don't know how much is anxiety and how much is a bit of a tantrum...the reason I say this is because the minute she sees you she starts waving her front leg about and pawing the ground which is something she does when she thinks its tea time or standing still is boring! I wil keep you posted about that one.

Anyway, onto the interesting bit...we went for a walk right round the orchard :-D my mum came behind on Drummer but Livvi lead all the way, she was a star! At first I was wary of her spooking and mowing me down as she was so interested in everything she only had half an ear on me, but we were fine...she sniffed her way along scenting everything and swinging her head from side to side to have a good look round. I couldn't have been more pleased with her. I am hoping to do this a couple of times a week and then progress to long reining when I think she is ready...I'm also planning to take her out of the yard for a walk round the housing estate once we havethe orchard under our belt!

1 comment: