Monday 13 April 2009

Well I was going to ride and then Don wanted to go out and then in the end all we did was walk the dog and then by 4pm I just couldn't be bothered to ride! I just enjoyed mooching and poo picking instead.

Drummer and Olivia are getting on so well, its hilarious, they are both covered in each others dry slobber and poor Olivia has mouthfuls of white hair. Lol! He is happy living with her and the other boys drool jealously over the fence.

Anyway, today I left Drummer out and got Olivia in on her own. She was as good as gold. Simon (YO's son) came and washed his motor bike with the pressure washer so we went and had a look.....she huffed and puffed but it was more curiosity than nerves....she is just like Drummer in that way "Ooo thats scary, lets go and look at it!" lol! When Simon started the washer she hid behind me and then peered out but soon came back to investigate :-D Our yard is a good one for despooking, lots going on and she is a brave girlie, just tentative,

I gave her a good groom and she stood for that but gets impatient when there is nothing going on and starts pawing the floor, this is where I am going to use the clicker I think. We also did the same exercise as yesterday and she even backed up when I took a step back....I am going to keep working on this every day as I would like to take her on in hand hacks to get her out and about and seeing things. I don't want to involve the clicker with leading etc, this should be about both our manners, our trust in each other and respecting each others space, it's nothing to do with "training" just us getting to know and understand each other.

Caragh and Marie met Olivia for the first time, they both liked her although moaned about me having a girl. I think once they all settle there won't be any problem at all, she will just be one of the gang. Caragh thinks she looks dopey so that shows how chilled out she must be looking after only 3 days ;-D

I am totaly in love with her by the way! :-D

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely to hear that Olivia is so chilled out. It was great for me to see how relaxed she was practically straight away with your lot, I thought that there would at least be some impressive extended trots LOL! It will be really good for her to have lots to see and hear, as you know it's very quiet where I am. She was one of the most bombproof with vehicles and scary things out of all my herd so I don't imagine she is going to be a problem with traffic etc. If your friend thinks she looks dopey then that's fab ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dopey indeed! Cheeky mare - Caragh that is!!!! You're doing brilliantly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could end up being the best read and best posted on blog in britain! lol!

    Olivia is definitely relaxed, being a bit sad I was watching her poos and they have firmed up nicely! She also has Drummer follwoing her now rather than vice versa! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont think i know ANYONE as serious about horses as you - watching her poo LOL!

    ReplyDelete