Sunday 19 April 2009

A great day with a terrible end :-(

I was going to post about my fab fun ride on Drummer and how fantasticly Olivia has been doing and I will later to cheer myself up.....but this says it all!
A 6 inch gouge in Olivias flank, nearly to the bone at the hip, it looks like she did it on the bolt that holds the hinge on the gate, the vet was fantastic and very reasuring, she has internal stitches too!...he said taking after photos was no good, lol! I should have taken a before! It was pretty gruesome though.
I am amazed at her tolerance for pain, if that had been me, I would have passed out on the floor and had to go to hospital with an overnight stay! As it was, she didn't even take a lame step!
We discussed her staying in and I told him how stressed she gets and thank goodness he was fine with her going out as I said she is very calm out and doesn't run around.
My poor broken baby, I just want to cry!

1 comment:

  1. She'll be fine. (((hugs))) I'm glad you had a good Fun Ride before that - horses eh.

    ReplyDelete