Thursday 16 April 2009

Revolting day!

Nothing to do with the horses but what horrid weather!!

Interestingly, Olivia seems to be the only one who doesn' t mind, where as everyone else sulked! lol!

My friend Manda from work popped over today, she knows absolutely nothing about horses and is kind of nervous around them but she liked Olivia, said she was pretty :-D but and she was also in awe of how high she pickes up her feet.....now, I've watched her on the lunge at Gills and know what lovely paces she has but I hadn't really looked in walk and WOW, she really does!!

She meets new things every day at our yard, today it was the forklift and a van parked right on the yard! She huffed and puffed a bit but I just took it slowly and walked round the van twice..I think what she didn't like, was that the space round the edge, was quite enclosed but she was very good and followed me without rushing.

I think Olivia actually enjoyed being in her stable out of the rain for a bit...I was really pleased with her, she stood in for a good hour with some hay and seemed quite relaxed, she liked the dual aspect of the stable so that she can have a good nosey at whats going on in both directions!

3 comments:

  1. It sure was vile today - doesn't the weather realise it is still Easter school holidays???! It sounds like you made the most of it though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he, I like getting your comments every day :-D Did you think the 17" Fhoenix looks OK on her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my soap opera! I don't watch any on TV! :-D
    I think the 17" Fhoenix looks fine (although, yes, too far forward in that picture.)

    ReplyDelete